Training and Consultancy
Our training courses are designed to help you understand technology transfer, commercialization, and IP strategies. We offer bespoke training according to each client’s needs.
Some of the courses we have organized are related with skills in Technology Innovation, like workshops and courses focusing on Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer, considering the valuation of intangible assets, negotiation, agreement drafting, orientating research towards innovation, taking products to market and technology marketing, data base search for patents, knowledge protection strategies, and translational research.
In the field of innovation and entrepreneurship, we are a nationally recognized and reputable team at Universidad del Desarrollo. We have numerous collaboration networks with relevant Chilean and international institutions, and broad experience in developing consultancy work for public and private organizations.
Our strategic consultancy areas are: Research and Development (R&D) Management; Technology Management; Intangibles Management; Development of R&D&i Facilities; and guidelines for establishing Open Innovation Programs.
Examples of Consultancy Work
Consultancy in R&D Management
- R&D portfolio analysis and valuation projects: Analysis of protection options and commercial feasibility, considering market needs, competitiveness and other factors. Evaluation of protection strategies for results through different rights of intellectual property (patents, trademarks, brands and others).
Consultancy and Advice in Technology Transfer (Commercialization)
- Marketing and Technology Supply: performance analysis, preparation of marketing proposals according to the market segment selected.
- Assessment to improve project validation and scaling
- Negotiation and Licensing: support with licensing agreements and negotiations.
Consultancy in developing capacities in R&D&i Management
- Training and workshops in IP and Technology Transfer, considering valuation of intangibles, negotiation, drafting of agreements, orientating research towards innovation, packaging and technology marketing, search for information, knowledge protection strategy.
- Establishing IP capabilities and technology management for TTOs and businesses.
Consultancy for drafting policies in IP and Technology Transfer
- Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer Policy Formulation: Advice and/or complete drafting of IP policies for businesses or institutions, in line with their mission and vision, and their innovation strategy:
- Intellectual and Industrial Property Policy/Regulations
- Conflict of Interest and Commitment Policy/Regulations
- Spin-offs and Licensing Policy/Regulations
- Copyright Policy/Regulations
- Intellectual Property Production Incentives Policy/Regulations